If you're an experienced Electrical Technician looking for a new role in Newark, Sustain Recruitment wants to hear from you. We are recruiting a full-time Electrical Technician for a CHP facility which provides process steam and electricity with an electrical export connection. The role offers a salary of £40,000 plus many great benefits.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the Power Station's safe, compliant and efficient Maintenance. This is a days role at a CHP that utilises Meat and Bone meal (MBM) as primary fuel producing a heat input of 42MWth to the boiler, generating up to 10.7MWe (at 1.5t/h process steam).
During your first few weeks in this Electrical Technician role, you can expect to begin work on some of the following:
- Pre-planned and reactive maintenance duties on all electrical, controls and instrumentation assets across the power station
- Fault finding and maintaining electrical systems up to 400v (motors, drives, conveyors, distribution equipment, lighting)
- Calibrating instrumentation, as well as conducting continuous improvement activities, installations, plant modification, and design work
- Supervising outside 3rd party vendors
You will need a recognised electrical / C&I engineer apprenticeship, ideally in power, NAVY/RAF or petrochemical environment and an HNC/ONC/NVQ 3 or equivalent in electrical or C&I engineering to apply for this Electrical Technician position. Recent graduates in an EC&I discipline will be considered. We are also looking for:
- Working knowledge of maintaining motors, switchgear, conveyor systems and distribution systems
- Willingness to integrate into a highly skilled maintenance team in a state-of-the-art Thermal CHP plant
- Willingness to undertake training in confined space rescue, IOSH managing safety and NVQ leadership training
In return for your knowledge and expertise, you will receive a favourable salary and benefits package that includes:
- Holiday entitlement of 28 days, increasing with service
- Company pension
- Company sick pay scheme, life insurance, and occupational health
- Company rewards program (retail/restaurants/gym discounts) and more!
To learn more or to apply for this Electrical Technician job in Newark, please get in touch with Sustain Recruitment today.
Work with Sustain Recruitment to find your next opportunity. We can introduce you to companies across the renewables sector that provide consultancy, development, installation, and O&M services. We represent engineers, project managers, and technicians across the renewable energy sector.